Table of Contents
Attention, parents. Spring break starts in a little over a week for Metro Nashville Public Schools and most area private schools.
If you haven’t made plans, we’ve rounded up some fun and educational activities for kids of all ages — even the kid at heart.
🌳 Outdoor adventures
DinoTrek at the Nashville Zoo | opens Friday, March 10
- A hidden entrance near the zoo’s Historic Grassmere Home and Farm will take guests on a prehistoric dinosaur expedition. The DinoTrek trail features 20 life-size animatronic dinosaurs that move, growl, hiss, and roar.
The Adventure Park at Nashville | open Friday-Sunday
- Find climbing, ziplining, and axe throwing ~15 minutes west of downtown. The adventure park reopens for the season on Friday, March 3 + will offer extended spring break hours Saturday, March 11-Friday, March 17.
Visit Vaughn’s Gap Cave | Thursday, March 16
- Prepare to get dirty as you squeeze, climb, and scramble through the cave — for children ages 10 and up.
🎨 Educational + arts
Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum | open daily
- Enjoy hands-on programs + request a spring break activity kit at the box office through Friday, March 31. Some of the curated spring break programs include creating hip hats inspired by artists and musicians (Sunday, March 12) + book making (Saturday, March 18). Pro tip: Children 18 and under living in Davidson, Williamson, and five other surrounding counties receive free museum admission.
Puppet Truck Presents: Puss in Boots | Monday, March 13
- Watch this new, jazz-infused, marionette version of the classic Brothers Grimm story at Nashville Public Library’s Hadley Park Branch.
Paint Pour Pots | Thursday, March 16
- Use paint pour methods to decorate a cute pot. Bonus: You’ll be sent home with soil and seeds to fill it.
Mystical Creature Features at Adventure Science Center | Monday, March 13-Friday, March 17
- These Harry Potter-inspired classes, lessons, and experiments will explore magical creatures while campers conquer potions, utilize forces, and compete in the Triwizard Tournament.