Living in Nashville is a grand time, but that doesn’t mean we’re immune to parking woes, long lines, and other hassles.
Enter: 10 life hacks from our neighbors on r/Nashville, Instagram, and some tips of our own.
1. “Get a library card. So many perks, from streaming movies to museum passes. All FREE.” — Reddit user u/BNA26
Bonus: Use this webpage to navigate NPL’s services (seed exchange program, 3D printing, community passports, and more).
2. “Access The Nashville Zoo’s VR scenes, interactive zoo map, virtual zookeepers, and ‘paw coins’ to unlock animal collectibles on the Nashville Zoo app.” — City Editor Skylar
3. “With over 268,000 Twitter followers, it’s safe to say @NashSevereWx is a household name in Music City. The team put together this extremely helpful severe weather guide with info on preparing your own storm kit and more.” — City Editor Dylan
4. Bongo Java East has partnered with Game Point Café to offer a curated library of 400+ games for customers to play while enjoying menu offerings. — @sliceofnashville
5. “Adventure Science Center has always been a great spot for observation of the different fireworks shows.” — Reddit user u/LocalboyTn
Note: The shows are not put on by Adventure Science Center, rather the city.
6. “If you have little kids, like toddlers, take them to the fountains at the Bicentennial Mall to play in the water on hot days...” — Reddit user u/johnmarksuave
7. “Use the SpotHero app for parking downtown.” — Reddit user u/Sam_A_1983
8. Skip the wait at Butter Milk Ranch by ordering at the to-go counter. — @bnabestbites
9. “Sign up for the Nashville Predators Golden Ticket to receive last-minute single-game ticket discounts.” — City Editor Skylar
10. “If you’re a night owl (or can manage to stay awake), the Belcourt’s Midnight Movies series is a great time. Arrive early (typically ~20-30 minutes) to watch pre-show footage.” — City Editor Dylan