At NASHtoday, we aim to cover local elections in a way that educates and activates our community with unbiased information to encourage individual voter participation. (I.e. vote for whoever + whatever you want to, just make sure to vote.) To learn more, check out our Editorial Ethics Policy.
Early voting for the Davidson County primary election is underway. To make this election as easy as possible, we’ve curated need-to-know information about how and where to vote + those who are running opposed in the primaries.
Need to know your voting registration status before you get into the thick of it? Find that here.
🗳️ Important dates
- Early voting for primary election | Through Thurs., April 28
- Davidson County primary election | Tues., May 3
- Absentee ballot request deadline for primary election | Tues., April 26 | Request here
- State primary, county general election, and Oak Hill | Thurs., Aug. 4
🗳️ What’s on the ballot
The following positions have at least two people running for office. Those running unopposed in the primary election are not listed. Find all primary election candidates here.
- Circuit Court Clerk
- Circuit Court Judge Divisions I, VII, and VIII
- Criminal Court Judge Divisions III, V, and VI
- General Sessions Judge Divisions II, V, VI, and VIII
- School Board Districts 2, 4, 6, and 8
- District Attorney General
Want to know exactly who your choices are for the election? Head here for sample ballots with all of the potential candidates on the ballot of your choice — Republican or Democratic.
🗳️ Early voting
If you haven’t already voted early at the Howard Office Building, all 11 early voting sites open tomorrow (Wed., April 20) in Davidson County. You can vote at any of these locations below during the following hours through Thurs., April 28: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Wednesday + Saturday), 8 a.m.-7 p.m. (Tuesday + Thursday), 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (Monday + Friday).
- Belle Meade City Hall | 4705 Harding Pk.
- Bellevue Library | 720 Baugh Rd.
- Bordeaux Library | 4000 Clarksville Pk.
- Casa Azafrán Community Center | 2195 Nolensville Pk.
- Edmondson Pike Library | 5501 Edmondson Pk.
- Goodlettsville Community Center | 200 Memorial Dr., Goodlettsville
- Green Hills Library | 3701 Benham Ave.
- Hermitage Library | 3700 James Kay Ln., Hermitage
- Howard Office Building | 700 2nd Ave. S.
- Madison Library | 610 Gallatin Pk. S., Madison
- Southeast Library | 5260 Hickory Hollow Pkwy.
🗳️ Election Day polling
Find your polling place with this voter information tool. Once you plug in your information on the interactive map, your polling place will pop up.
If you are waiting until Election Day to vote, the address you are given using the tool above is where you must be in order to vote (by law, in fact).
🗳️ Who’s running opposed?
Circuit Court Judge Division VII
Circuit Court Judge Division VIII
Criminal Court Judge Division III
Criminal Court Judge Division V
Criminal Court Judge Division VI
General Sessions Judge Division II
District Attorney General
For the first time, there will be Democratic and Republican primaries for the MNPS school board. The winners + independent candidates will be on the ballot in the Aug. 4 county general election.
** We tried our best to include links to the candidate’s election website or election Facebook/Instagram account. If those were unavailable, we tried to find a link including the most information. If you know of a better link that represents any of the above candidates, please let us know.