Table of Contents
It’s almost sweater weather, Nashville. From pumpkin patches and apple orchards to corn mazes and Oktoberfest celebrations, we’ve rounded up six activities to keep you busy this season (plus four haunted houses for those spooky fall nights).
🍂 Fall festivals
- Oktoberfest | Thurs., Oct. 6-Sun., Oct. 9 | Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park | Free+ | This family-friendly tradition features local breweries, live music, a brat eating contest, a 5k Bier Run, and a Dachshund Derby.
- Southern Festival of Books | Fri., Oct. 14-Sun., Oct. 16 | Nashville Public Library and War Memorial Plaza | Free | Join authors, publishers, and booksellers for author signings, performance stages + food trucks.
- Tennessee Apple and All Things Fall Festival | Sat., Oct. 8 | Morning Glory Orchard, 7690 Nolensville Rd. | Free + $10 parking | Celebrate apple season with orchard tours, 50+ vendors, pumpkins and mums + apples, cider, and donuts.
🎃 Pumpkin patches and orchards
- Lucky Ladd Farms | Thursday-Sunday through Sat., Nov. 5 | 4374 Rocky Glade Rd., Eagleville | $17+ | Seasonal activities include a petting zoo, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, and a corn maze.
- Shuckle’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Patch | Saturdays and Sundays through Sun., Oct. 30 | 7526 Swift Rd., Greenbrier | $14.55+ | Visit this farm ~30 min. north of downtown to enjoy hayrides, an 8-acre corn maze, pumpkin bowling, and fall foods.
- Gentry’s Farm | Select days through Mon., Oct. 31 | 1974 New Hwy. 96 W., Franklin | $10 | Have some fall fun with wagon rides, a corn field maze, a general store + farmer’s market, and putt putt.
👻 Haunted houses
- Beast House | Select days through Sat., Nov. 5 | 3976 Dickerson Pk.
- Slaughter House | Select days through Mon., Oct. 31| 3445 Lebanon Pk.
- Nashville Nightmare | Select days though Mon., Oct. 31 | 1016 Madison Sq.
- Devil’s Dungeon | Select days through Sat., Nov. 5 | 510 Davidson St.