We recently introduced you to OLLI — Vanderbilt University’s no-credit, no-grades lifelong learning program for 50+ Nashvillians. Piqued your interest? Here are five courses to take this Fall:
📖 Reading Shakespeare with Film
- Oct. 3-Nov. 7, Tuesdays via Zoom | Experience Shakespeare’s written work side-by-side with film depictions, and learn how film aids understanding + enhances his art.
🌳 Music and the Mississippi River
- Oct. 4-Nov. 8, Wednesdays via Zoom | Discover how the Mississippi River’s people and landscape shaped the soundtrack of America’s rich and diverse music.
🏥 Healthcare Inc.: Understanding the U.S. Medical-Industrial Complex
- Oct. 2-Nov. 6, Mondays | Discuss the evolution of healthcare and learn about:
- Health insurance
- Quality vs. cost
- Future impacts of technology + data
📊 Media and Politics in the Modern Age
- Oct. 2-Nov. 6, Mondays | In time for the 2024 presidential campaign, examine the media landscape, including news sources, spotting real and fake reporting + being an engaged, responsible citizen.
🎼 Choral Singing
- Oct. 3-Nov. 7, Tuesdays | Take your voice to the next level with instruction in blending tones, vocal techniques, harmony + musicianship. Bonus: Participants will perform for an audience.