Table of Contents
Allow us to paint you a picture... hundreds of art-centric events taking over Nashville. Artober Nashville, a program of NowPlayingNashville at The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, is celebrating its 11th anniversary now through Mon., Oct. 31.
Art and cultural events will be featured on the NowPlayingNashville site all month long. We’ve rounded up some of our favorite happenings so you can craft your calendar.
🎟️ Fest frequenters
- Nashville Cultural Festival | Sat., Oct. 1 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | Centennial Park | Watch a variety of dance and musical performances, sample food vendors offering authentic worldly tastes, bring the kids for hands-on activities + shop a marketplace.
- Tennessee Craft Fair | Fri., Oct. 7-Sun., Oct. 9 | Times vary | Centennial Park | The festival boasts artist booths + a kids tent.
- El Día de los Muertos | Sat., Oct. 29-Sun., Oct. 30 | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | Cheekwood | Traditions of Mexico and Latin America will transform the gardens with music and dance, art activities, and authentic cuisine.
🎶 Music moguls
- Adam Doleac | Tues., Oct. 4 | 7 p.m. | The Basement East | See the country singer known for hit song “Famous” perform in the intimate venue.
- The Doobie Brothers | Wed., Oct. 12 | 8 p.m. | Bridgestone Arena | The group of four bring their 50th anniversary tour to Nashville.
- Noah Cyrus | Sun., Oct. 16 | 8 p.m. | Marathon Music Works | The artist brings her “Hardest Part” tour to Music City with special guests PJ Harding and Gigi.
🎨 Crafty creators
- Coffee Latte Art Throwdown | Sat., Oct. 1 | 4-7 p.m. | Drug Store Coffee, 200 4th Ave. N. | In honor of International Coffee Day, baristas of all levels are invited to test their skills in four head-to-head battles judged on texture, execution, and creativity.
- Live Painting Brunch | Sat., Oct. 1 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | The Dutch | ArtBeat will host Ellen Parker Bibb and Aaron Grayum.
- How to Journal | Wed., Oct. 12 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Warner Park Nature Center | Use scientific observation to draw something in nature you see in the park.