Who thought it would be possible to adopt over four blocks of Music City and not pay a single thing?
Through Metro Beautification’s Adopt-a-Street program, you can do just that.
How it works
- Step one: Apply for the free program. The one-year agreement can be renewed as many times as you’d like.
- Step two: Get a group together (think: your neighborhood, family, or friends) or opt to adopt as an individual.
- Step three: Clean both sides of the street of your adopted blocks at least four times a year.
- Step four: Return filled bags to a convenience center or request they be picked up by Metro.
- Step five: Complete your volunteer hour reporting form at the conclusion of each cleanup.
What to know
Supplies like gloves, caution signs, safety vests, and bags will be provided to you. Volunteers will receive safety guidelines and a liability waiver to sign.
Signs recognizing each volunteer group or individual are installed at the end of adopted roadways.