Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in Nashville? From feeling fit to finding more family time, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
Cook more meals at home
- Sur La Table, 211 Franklin Rd., Unit 155, Brentwood | Sharpen your skill set at classes categorized by your needs — from date night dishes to baking and online night in classes.
- Southern Belle Biscuit, 1100 Elm Hill Pk. Ste. 170 | Master hot biscuits and gravy, guaranteed to make your house the designated morning hangout spot. Pro tip: You are encouraged to bring coffee to pair with your finished dish.
- Black Diamond Culinary, 615 Bakers Bridge Ave., Ste. 120 | Whether you fancy a fish dinner, prefer pasta, or need a Valentine’s Day date night idea, these culinary classes will give you something to look forward to in the new year.
Read more books
- McKay’s Nashville, 636 Old Hickory Blvd. | This used book shop just celebrated 15 years of business, so we found 15 items with Nashville ties to add to your list this year.
- Parnassus Books, 3900 Hillsboro Pk. | You can browse the store’s shelves online before you go, uncover readings lists, and bookmark upcoming events.
- Defunct Books, 1108 Woodland St. #A | This Five Points gem specializes in used, out-of-print, rare, and collectible books in all subjects.
Spend more quality time with family
- Nashville Shores, 4001 Bell Rd. | Plan a weekend getaway in your own city by booking an RV reservation at one of the park’s waterfront sites. Bonus: The water park will feature a new ride in 2023. The Riptide Racer is over five stories tall and longer than a football field.
- TPAC, 505 Deaderick St. | There’s no need to travel to New York City to watch incredible talent take the stage. Broadway shows in the heart of downtown Nashville are always a “yes.” Keep an eye on this season.
- Metro Parks Nashville, locations vary | Who said family bonding had to cost money? Use the Nashville Parks Finder to locate your nearest park and take a walk together. Pro tip: Find a parks and recreation class everyone enjoys.
Explore your city
- Cheekwood Estate & Gardens, 1200 Forest Park Dr. | Show yourself around or book a guided tour to see the botanical gardens’ current exhibitions and seasonal offerings, as well as learn about the property’s history and partake in various programs.
- Music City Brew Hop, locations vary | Where are our beer aficionados? Hop on a vintage trolley and get to know Nashville neighborhoods and the breweries that call them home. You may have stopped and sipped at some of these spots, but have you really explored all of these corners of Nashville?
- Cumberland Kayak & Adventure Company, locations vary | See Nashville from a new point of view. Float along Shelby Park to downtown’s Cumberland Park, or opt for waterfront views outside of the hustle and bustle of the city with floats on The Harpeth River and Percy Priest Lake.
- WeGo Transit, locations vary | WeGo has routes ranging from the heart of downtown to Lebanon with fares extending from single rides to 31-day passes.
- E-bikes, north, west, and south of downtown | Nashville’s dockless e-bike pilot program currently includes a fleet of 75 rentable e-bikes, which could expand into other areas of the city soon.
- City Girls Who Walk Nashville, schedule varies | Three resolutions in one? Sign us up. Make friends, discover your fitness groove, and find joy in walking instead of driving where you can via this local walking group.