Table of Contents
Find yourself wondering, “Where Dewey find books around Nashville?” Reader Tony M. asked this very question in response to our 23 Questions for 2023.
If you’re an avid reader, or want to become one, check out these new local reads + where to find other page-turners.
📚 Recent + upcoming releases
- “Amelia and the Old New Truck” by Mattie Bush-Martin | Amelia’s Flower Truck owner released her debut children book this month, chronicling the tale of a forgotten truck made new again.
- “Made from Scratch: Finding Success Without a Recipe” by Mignon François | The story of how the entrepreneur turned $5 and no experience into The Cupcake Collection — releases Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
- “Tom Lake” by Ann Patchett | Expect nods to the play “Our Town” in this novel following the retelling of a romance sparked at theater company “Tom Lake” — releases Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2023.
❤️ Editor picks
Keep the pages turning with these recommendations from the NASHtoday team:
- “The Fortunate Ones” by Ed Tarkington | The plot thickens when working-class Charlie Boykin befriends the rich and deceitful upperclassman Archer Creigh at a Nashville private school.
- “Maybe We’ll Make It” by Margo Price | This memoir follows musician Margo Price’s journey to break through the Nashville music industry and details the challenges she faced along the way.
🛍️ Shop local
- Parnassus Books, 3900 Hillsboro Pk., Unit 14
- The Bookshop, 1043 W. Eastland Ave.
- Fairytales Bookstore, 1108 Woodland St., Unit G
- Novelette Booksellers, 1101 Chapel Ave., Unit 108
- Alkebu-Lan Images, 2721 Jefferson St.
- McKay’s, 636 Old Hickory Blvd.
- Rhino Booksellers, 4918 Charlotte Ave.
- Defunct Books, 1108 Woodland St. Unit A
- Half Price Books, 21 White Bridge Pk.
💳 Visit the library
Don’t forget to browse thousands of books Nashville Public Library has to offer. If you don’t already have a library card, you can get one online or in person. Find your nearest branch.