Sleigh it ain’t so! It’s already almost time for the ho, ho, Holiday LIGHTS at Cheekwood. The event returns Sat., Nov. 19 and runs through Sun., Jan. 8.
The tradition enters its 8th year bringing over one million lights along a one-mile walkway through nine of Cheekwood’s 13 gardens. The annual event was voted “Best Event/Festival (Local)” in the Nashville Scene’s 2021 Best of Nashville Reader’s poll for good reason and is pulling out even more mesmerizing stops this year with new additions:
- Bejeweled Bridge
- Brightly-lit playhouses
- Whimsical, 7-ft Luminary Lanterns
Of course, light lovers can still soak in the scenes of dazzling favorites like Dancing Lights of TRAINS!, Starfield, and Candy Cane Lane. Plus:
- Holiday decór | Inside the mansion, visitors can expect to see the iconic 20-ft-tall pink Poinsettia tree on display in the Loggia + over 50 nutcrackers throughout.
- Holiday marketplace | Enter the Frist Learning Center for a Santa’s workshop-esque display featuring a 9-ft ornament and holiday merchandise.
- Seasonal sips | Bar kiosks on the grounds will offer spiked hot cocoa and apple cider + Nikki Darling’s Vanilla Bean S’mores kits will be available for purchase at the s’mores stations.
- Visit Santa | Starting Sat., Nov. 26-Mon., Dec. 24, the kiddos can visit ole Saint Nick every Saturday and Sunday + Dog-themed Santa visits take place on Sun., Dec. 4 and Sun., Dec. 18.