We love to think our presents will be up on the mantelpiece forever. But let’s face it: Some things are destined to add to our closet clutter.
It’s been on-trend for a while to offer experiences, rather than things, for gifts. To help you level up your gift-giving game this holiday season, check out our curated list of giftable experiences so you can sleigh the holidays.
For the artist:
- Gift a membership to the Frist Art Museum for your art-loving friends. Some perks include early access to new exhibitions and exclusive member hours.
- For the movie buff if your life, the Belcourt Theatre offers a variety of membership levels (and this limited edition shirt). Support a local theater and get discounted tickets, popcorn, drinks, and more. Win, win.
For the foodie (and wine drinkers):
- Calling all turophiles. If you know what that means, you likely know someone who loves cheese. Greys Fine Cheese recently opened at Sylvan Supply and offers cheese pairing classes (think: wine, chocolate, and charcuterie).
- For wine lovers, City Winery’s monthly wine club, Vinofile Plus, is a can’t-miss gift. Members can take home one featured wine each month, tour the winery annually, and enjoy many other perks.
For the sports fanatic:
- The sports fan in your life will surely appreciate single-game or season tickets to one of Nashville’s professional sports teams — Tennessee Titans, Nashville Sounds, Nashville Predators, and Nashville SC.
- Know a Preds fan who wants to get out on the ice? Ford Ice Center offers a variety of youth and adult opportunities. Oh, and they offer ice skating classes, too.
For the fan of family time
- Go wild this holiday season with a membership to the Nashville Zoo. Choose between five tiers and add on the Ultimate Ride Pass for unlimited rides on the Soaring Eagle zip line, the Adventure 4D Theater, and other attractions.
- Well, we are Music City after all. Explore all the options available with family memberships to the National Museum of African American Music, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, and the Musicians Hall of Fame.