The Nashville International Airport is a BNA Vision — and these photos are proof.
The International Arrivals Facility and BNA Marketplace, two key components of the airport’s renovation plan, will open on Wednesday, Sept. 27 with British Airways marking the IAF’s first international arrival. There’s no need to wing your flight, here’s what to know before your next takeoff.
The now complete IAF replaces the current Interim International Arrivals Building. It is part of the 400,000-sqft terminal lobby expansion and renovation. Additions include six international gates and a new Customs and Border Protection area. Pro tip: Review the airport’s non-stop destinations.
It’s no secret that the airport has placed a high priority on the retail and dining scene. BNA Marketplace is introducing 15 new concepts, bringing the total number of restaurants and stores to open since the pandemic to 85. Bonus: Half of those businesses are local, which might make that two-hour pre-flight arrival requisite a little easier. Some of the new additions include:
- Acme Feed & Seed | Downtown staple known for its Southern-influenced food
- Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum | Rare artifacts, stories about the history of music, and branded merchandise
- Titans Press Box | Tennessee Titans-licensed eatery with a casual approach to upscale dining
- Slim & Husky’s | Fast-casual artisan pizza shop
Focus on the features
You know what they say, it’s all in the details, and the airport’s design has plenty of local nods. As you exit customs, you’ll pass through an anamorphic art exhibition honoring the city’s history with images of old Hatch Show Print posters, the TSU Aristocrat of Bands, and The Bluebird Cafe.
The customs area dons a mural called “Nashville’s Rhythmic Skies” by Nashville native Eric “Mobe” Bass, which spans 1,000 sqft and celebrates Music City’s culture. We spy scenes like neon signs, BNA carpet + our local sports pros. Even the 12 faux trees dotting BNA Marketplace standing at 26 ft tall represent red maples native to Tennessee.
What’s left + what’s to come?
- Satellite concourse | October 2023
- On-airport hotel | December 2023
- Donelson Pike relocation and terminal access roadway improvements | Estimated 2026 completion
Plus, the airport’s $1.4 billion New Horizons renovation, which began last August, is expected to be completed by late 2028.