Global software company Oracle’s proposed River North tech hub is set to be the largest economic development deal in Tennessee’s history, and is currently the talk of the town.
But, what exactly does this new development mean for Nashville + its residents? Here is everything you need to know about this new downtown campus, by the numbers:
- $1.2 billion. The cost of the development.
- 60 acres. The size of the campus.
- 1.2 million sqft. The amount of office, retail + education space.
- $175 million. The amount of funding for public infrastructure (includes a pedestrian bridge to Germantown, greenway, park, road improvements + stormwater maintenance).
- 8,500. The amount of full-time jobs expected to be filled by 2031. (2,500 expected to be filled by the end of 2027.)
- $110,000. The average starting salary for full-time employees.
- 11,500. The anticipated amount of ancillary jobs.
- 10,000. The amount of temporary jobs to support the project’s construction + development.
- 100%. The portion of the project that will be funded by Oracle (meaning: no money will come out of taxpayers’ pockets).
A public hearing before the Industrial Development Board has been requested for Tues., April 27.