Saturday, Nov. 11 is Veterans Day, a federal holiday that commemorates those who have served in the US military. Check out this list of Veterans Day specials happening throughout Nashville. Pro tip: Most businesses ask to see a form of official military identification.
To all of our veteran and active-duty military readers, thank you for your service.
Things to eat
- Perry’s, 5028 Aspen Grove Dr., Franklin | From 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 10, veterans and active-duty military can enjoy one complimentary pork chop when an accompanying guest purchases a lunch or dinner entrée for dine-in. On Veterans Day, dine at Perry’s from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for a $39 three-course Military Menu featuring six choices per course.
- Assembly Food Hall, 5055 Broadway | Receive a complimentary $5 hall pass to use at over 30 eateries and bars.
- Hard Rock Cafe, 100 Broadway | Enjoy a free Legendary Burger.
- Pancho & Lefty’s, locations vary | The eatery is offering a complimentary chips and queso on Veterans Day.
- STK Nashville, 700 12th Ave. S. | From Friday, Nov. 10 to Monday, Nov. 13, veteran and active-duty military can receive 50% of their dine-in food.
- The Union Station Nashville Yards, 1001 Broadway | Receive a 10% discount at the hotel’s restaurant, Stationary, and the lobby bar, ERGO, on Veterans Day.
What to do
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, 222 Rep. John Lewis Way S. | All active-duty and retired service members and up to three of their guests can visit the museum for free on Veterans Day. Pro tip: Scroll down at the link to see specialty programming.
- Nashville Zoo, 3777 Nolensville Pk. | Active military personnel, military veterans, and immediate families receive free zoo admission on Military Appreciation Day, which takes place on Sunday, Nov. 12.
- Belmont University, 1900 Belmont Blvd. | The university’s bell tower and fountain in front of McWhorter will change its lights to red, white, and blue on the evening of Veterans Day. Pro tip: Click the link above for a full list of Veterans Week events at the school.