There’s a reason the song goes “smooth as Tennessee whiskey” — the style is beloved by many around the world.
Need more proof? Look no further than Tennessee Whiskey Week (May 15-21), a series of culinary pairings, whiskey specials, and tastings across Nashville. The week will culminate with the Tennessee Whiskey Trail Experience, a weekend-long celebration of International Tennessee Whiskey Day.
Ready to drink it all in? We put together a guide so you can sip those spirits a little easier.
Chef and spirit paired dinners
- The Joseph + Nelson’s Green Brier | Tuesday, May 16 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | The Joseph, 401 Korean Veterans Blvd. | $200
- Ellington’s + Company Distilling | Wednesday, May 17 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | Ellington’s, 401 Union St. | $129
- Southernaire Market + Uncle Nearest | Wednesday, May 17 | 7 p.m. | Southernaire Market, 150 3rd Ave. S. | $100
- Bourbon Steak + Chattanooga Whiskey | Wednesday, May 17 | 7-10 p.m. | Bourbon Steak, 201 8th Ave. S. | $300
- 404 Kitchen + Jack Daniel’s | Sunday, May 21 | 6-9 p.m. | The 404 Kitchen, 507 12th Ave. S. | $125
Heads up, the Deacon’s New South and George Dickel pairing dinner on Friday, May 19 is sold out.
Blend Your Own Bottle | Thursday, May 18 | 6 p.m. | Pennington Distilling Co., 900 44th Ave. N. | $240 | Blend your own unique Tennessee whiskey — tickets include instruction and materials, an open bar, and a 750 mL bottle of your blend.
Women In Whiskey Brunch | Sunday, May 21 | 11 a.m. | Bourbon Steak, 201 8th Ave. S. | $191 | Enjoy brunch and a tasting flight from women representing Tennessee whiskey.
Grand Tasting Experience
Whiskey enthusiasts will want to make note of the TN Whiskey Trail Experience Grand Tasting at Ascend Amphitheater on Saturday, May 20. The five-hour event features samples from all the Tennessee Whiskey Trail distilleries, live music, a cigar lounge, and more from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Bonus: Look out for food and beverage specials at spots like Acme Feed & Seed, Pullman Standard, Bastion, Bourbon Steak, Hathorne, Urban Cowboy, and more.