Traveling via plane is fun — jet-setting over beautiful blue waters or rolling hills, taking in cloud formations, and landing in a completely different location in a matter of hours is unlike anything else.
The whole navigating the airport part? Less exciting, and sometimes pretty stressful. To help
make your time at the Nashville International Airport (BNA) as smooth as possible, we’ve created a guide that covers everything from parking and dining to details on the airport’s ~100 nonstop flights.
What to know
- TSA | TSA is located at the airport’s north and south security entrances. Security checkpoints open daily at 3:30 a.m.
- Map it out | If you’re like us and need to completely visualize a place before you step foot inside, this map of the entire airport will be your saving grace.
- Food and drink | A slew of local and regional restaurants call BNA home, meaning you can sip on your favorite local cup of joe or enjoy a comfort meal before takeoff. Bongo Java, TailGate Brewery, Tennessee Brew Works, and 400 Degrees are just a few of the local offerings.
- Reminder | By May 7, 2025, you will need a REAL ID to board commercial flights in the US (see other TSA-approved alternative forms of identification).
- Flight status | While we recommend staying updated via your respective airline, you can also check the airport’s dashboard for your flight status in a pinch.
Current airport updates
In anticipation of the new free-standing, eight-gate Satellite Concourse, BNA will be renumbering Concourse C gates over the next two weeks. The Satellite Concourse gates will be numbered gates C4-C11 + Concourse C gates will be renumbered around the new concourse.
Nashville International Airport’s multibillion dollar BNA Vision plan is nearing completion and will include three terminal garages, new Concourse D, an international arrivals facility, more dining and retail, and other improvements. The airport’s $1.4 billion New Horizon plan, which will be phased in over the next six years with a tentative late 2028 completion, includes improvements to Councourses A and D, a new air freight building, and terminal roadway improvements.
Parking, shuttles, and rideshare
Not everyone has a bestie who will drop everything to pick them up from their 3 a.m. landing. Parking options and rates vary and include:
- Covered parking garages | $26 per day | Terminal Garage 1, Terminal Garage 2
- Surface lots | $16-$18 per day | Terminal Lot A, Economy Lot B, Economy Lot C
- Parking services | $36 per day | Valet
Pro tip: BNA’s website includes a complete list of available parking services, including real-time capacity, daily rates, traffic reminders, and a parking cost calculator.
Hate the thought of driving yourself? Try out a shuttle, rideshare, or taxi service. The rideshare pick-up area is located at the Ground Transportation Center (Level 1 of Terminal Garage 2).
Picking someone up from the airport? BNA’s new cell phone waiting area is located at 1415 Murfreesboro Pk. (~3 miles from the airport’s main terminal) and features 240 parking spaces and real-time flight information. The existing cell lots are closed for construction.
BNA averages 272 daily departures to 88 nonstop destinations. Here are five nonstop flights to nearby locations.
Pro tip: Remember that flight times and schedules will often change — you should rely on your respective airline for exact timing and to stay updated on any changes.
- Atlanta, GA | Delta and Southwest
- Charleston, SC | Southwest
- Columbus, OH | Southwest
- Indianapolis, IN | Contour
- Raleigh-Durham, NC | American and Southwest
BNA is currently operating as two terminals while the center of the departures level is closed for expansion.
- North Terminal A and B gates | Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, Air Canada, Avelo Airlines, Breeze Airways, British Airways, Cape Air, Contour Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Flair Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Silver Airways, JetBlue, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Swoop Airlines, United Airlines, Vacation Express, Viva Aerobus, and WestJet
- South Terminal C and D gates | American Airlines and Southwest Airlines
Food and drink
BNA is a hub of eateries with dozens restaurants, bars, and coffee shops for fliers to dine before or between flights, like:
- Southernaire Market | Concourse C | Think: a New Orleans grocery stop combined with the vibe of a New York City bodega. The market specializes in house-made, packaged deli items to-go with a southern influence.
- Arrington Wine Bar and Grill | Concourse A | The wine bar and grill offers Tennessee wines by the glass or bottle + a chef-inspired menu for dine-in.
- The Southern Steak & Oyster | Concourse D | Located between gates D3 and D4, this Nashville hot spot serves southern dishes with influences from the Gulf Coast to the Caribbean.
- 8th & Roast Coffee Co. | Concourse C and D | Grabbing a coffee when you’re running to your gate is made easy with two locations to choose from.
- Kijji Coffee | Concourse A and B | This shop has served small batch, fresh roasts since 1997.
- The Green Room Lounge & Whiskey Bar | C/D Connector | This whiskey bar and eatery focuses regional whiskey offerings.