Father’s Day is just around the corner on Sun., June 20. Have you decided how you’re going to shine the spotlight on the dads + father figures in your life this year?
Whether your dad is local, lives far away, or in town to visit, here are 7 gifts and experiences to make him feel special.
For the father who likes to eat (and drink)
- Ribs, brisket, and smoked sausage. That’s what Edley’s Bar-B-Que likes to call the Father’s Day Triple Play. The meal comes with 2 sides and cornbread and is available at all locations (12 South, East Nashville, and Sylvan Park).
- Put on Johnny Cash’s and Rosie Nix Adams’ rendition of “Father and Daughter” + sip on the Johnny Cash Museum’s signature coffee flavors — A Brew Named Sue and Folsom Prison Brew. Bonus: it’s roasted locally by Bongo Java Roasting Co.
For the outdoorsman
- How does a day on the lake sound? If you don’t have a go-to spot, Tennessee State Parks offers a variety of boating options. Long Hunter State Park has 2 boat launch ramps on J. Percy Priest Lake + canoes, kayaks, and row boats are available for rent on Couchville Lake.
For the car enthusiasts
- If the father in your life loves cars, chances are he already knows about Lane Motor Museum (702 Murfreesboro Pk.). The car museum — home to over 500 cars and motorcycles — is hosting vault tours, demonstrations, and food trucks from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Father’s Day.
For the musicians
- Bring a lawn chair or blanket + let the Cumberland River and jazz music be your backdrop at a special Father’s Day edition of Jazz on the Cumberland. The event starts at 5:30 p.m.
For the sweet tooth
- Design-your-own Goo Goo Clusters or create customizable gift packs (#TryThis: the candy company’s new collabs with Gifford’s Bacon + Bar-B-Cutie). Gift pack shipping begins June 14.
For the sports fans
- NASCAR returns to Nashville Superspeedway in Lebanon on Father’s Day weekend. Tickets are available for the Rackley Roofing 200 (Fri., June 18), Tennessee Lottery 250 (Sat., June 19), and the Ally 400 NASCAR Cup Series (Sun., June 20). Important to note: Sunday’s race is sold out, but verified resale tickets remain available.